TOPIC: VIBRANT LADIES: WINNING SOULS AS YOU WORK AND WALK/OMOBINRIN RERE: E MA JERE OKAN BI E SE NSISE ATI BI E TI NRIN LO
SCRIPTURE: I PET. 2: 9 – 12
God desires His power and holiness to be known through your lives as God’s people. You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light (I Pet. 2: 9). Every one of us must appreciate the price Christ paid over our lives and this calls for our total obedience to His will and we must also go and propagate Him and God’s Kingdom.
Just like He said to the Israelites, “If you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation (Ex. 19: 5 – 6).
There is a wonderful opportunity for every one of us to be used by God. Are you going to make yourself a vessel of honour? Remember in a large house are many vessels, some to honour and some to dishonor. Choose the place of honour please. The Lord knows those who are His. Everyone who is called by the name of Christ must depart from iniquity. We must all flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness (2 Tim. 2: 19 – 22). Make sure you build a witnessing life as you live right leading others to Christ.
Need to have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior what we say and how we live must turn others to Christ.
We have been chosen according to the fore knowledge of God, the father, through the sanctifying work of the spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood.
John 15: 16. You did not choose me, but I chose you to go and bear fruits – fruit that will last. Then the father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
Be God’s representative. Reveal God’s mind to others and guide them aright. (I Pet. 2: 4 – 6).
The one who trust in him will never be put to shame.
Although, we live in a corrupt world, God expects us to be pure having set apart by Him to be exclusively His.
John 17: 19. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.
Requirements for building a witnessing life.
- Living a God centred life daily. The witnessing life is built through a devoted life to God.
The world can pull us away from God’s will if our devotion to Him is weak.
Where is your first love? Rev. 2: 1 – 7.
Do you surrender your will, motives, time and gift to the Holy Spirit?
Do you live a spirit controlled life?
Rom. 12: 1 – 2. I urge you – in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God, which is your spiritual worship.
- Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
I Cor. 10: 31. So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
- 32. Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God.
- Feed constantly on the word of God – It will make you wise. Study to show yourself approved – 2 Tim. 2: 15; Joshua 1: 8. Be at Bible study and prayer meetings.
- Share the Word through the enablement of the Holy Spirit. Only God’s word convicts and converts.
- Proclaiming the goodness of God to others (I Pet. 2: 9; Matt. 18: 19 – 20).
- You cannot be a witness to him who you don’t know. Have you seen him? Have you experienced Him?
- We defeat the devil when we announce God’s love, grace and mercy.
- Are you saved? Have you experienced salvation through Christ?
- Are you joining other believers to expand God’s kingdom or are you just attending church?
- Are you proclaiming His love to those in darkness that they too, may come to know the savior?
- God desires to bring others into His family through you.
- Who shall we send and who will go for us? Here am I, send me. Isaiah 6: 8.
Modesty in dressing – The state of the heart will tell your dressing.
A corrupted heart will make you dress like a prostitute (Pro. 7: 10). Don’t look unkempt and dirty. Dress like candidates of Heaven. Be careful of transparent fabrics without sufficient backing. Conceal and don’t reveal your body figures. Don’t wear dress that will make you lose your dignity. Avoid dresses with bare shoulders, low necklines, tight form, skirt slits that are too tight, sagging, jerry curls, bleaching, thin tops, tight trousers, miniskirts and micro mini. Uncovered hair during worship. Terrible earrings, Heavy make ups.
Deut. 28: 30, 32. The effect of peer groups.
Lev. 26: 29. Eating the flesh of your sons and daughters.
To be Miss Nigeria OR Esther, the Queen, you can stand out to be decently and distinguishly dressed to the glory of God.